Purpose of Position:
To manage the voter file, provide customer service, maintain existing technology, and develop new technology in order to advance the goals of the party.
Applicant should have:
- A positive, customer-service oriented personality and the ability to respond to issues promptly
- At least 1-2 complete cycles campaign experience
- Demonstrated data analysis and writing skills, in a political environment.
- Ability to plan and manage time sensitive projects with competing needs.
- Experience using data to inform and develop direct voter contact plans, and an understanding of the different voter contact methods
- Expertise with statistical models, precinct targeting, and Votebuilder/VAN.
- Experience with at least one of the following: advanced Excel functions (vlookup, index(match), if functions, pivot tables), basic to intermediate SQL (joins, count, groupby, etc), data visualization tools (Tableau, Periscope, Google Data Studio, Power BI), mapping tools (GIS/QGIS)
- Familiarity with SMS and digital organizing tools (Hustle/Relay, Mobilize America, etc)
- Experience standardizing data from multiple sources to produce complex reports.
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting.
Data Director will:
- Assist the State Party Staff with data needs, especially pulling lists quickly, correctly, and with knowledge of the big picture.
- Be the main person responsible to the State Party Chair and Executive Director for ensuring that Democrats are using technology effectively and taking responsibility for solving problems as necessary.
- Keep the State Party Executive Director apprised of all relevant technology issues in the state.
- Work directly to elect candidates to office, taking care of all data needs the campaigns may have.
- Work directly with campaign managers including potential Coordinated Campaign leadership to provide technical perspective at the strategic and tactical levels.
- Provide prompt customer service to party leaders, candidates, and their staff by providing access to the Voter File, training on its use, and troubleshooting any issues that arise
- Use political sense to give advice to clients and suggest queries or modifications to data requests where appropriate.
- Ensure that all users are able to use the online voter file effectively.
- Provide IT support where necessary; manage all IT programs and inventory.
- Manage all technology-related contracts for the State Party in a cost-effective manner.
How To Apply:
Please email a resume, 3 references, and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Data Director.” No Cold Calls please.
The Democratic Party of New Mexico is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DPNM is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.