The Democratic Party of New Mexico is seeking an experienced, skilled, and versatile Digital Director. This role calls for an organized campaigner and a digital native — someone who is willing to work hard to authentically expand our online movement. The Digital Director reports directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for engaging and growing our passionate community of Democrats by developing and managing the Democratic Party of New Mexico’s digital strategy
Digital Director job responsibilities include:
- Directing strategy and day-to-day workflow of the party’s digital programs, including email fundraising, social media channels, website, and more.
- Developing and presenting digital trainings, online and offline, for party leadership and staff on a regular basis.
- Managing the day-to-day relationship and processes with DPNM’s different departments and stakeholders — working collaboratively towards key goals including raising money, growing our community, and mobilizing voters.
- Working with the communications team to develop high-quality, innovative videos, graphic and written content for social media, email, and our website, coordinating with communications and digital teams to ensure maximum quality and visibility.
- Begin building DPNM’s relational organizing work investigating potential platforms, staff, and digital organizing structures that will be necessary to grow the party into 2020.
- Initiating and coordinating digital communications with constituents, advocacy groups, and other private or public entities to further our online audience and brand.
- Supporting event planning, promotion, and sharing, as well as assisting with other projects as needed.
Digital Director minimum requirements and skills include:
- 3-4 years (or 2 campaign cycles) experience in digital campaigning, including experience managing and executing digital strategy.
- Exceptional written skills, including extensive experience learning and writing in a leader’s “voice” for the distinct formats of email, social media, website, and more.
- Familiarity with core graphic design principles and fluency with graphic design software.
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analytics for email, social media, and website performance.
- Personal passion for Democratic Party causes and issues; enthusiasm for political campaigns; and ability to execute tasks in a team dynamic.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and learn quickly
HOW TO APPLY: This is a full-time position based in Albuquerque, NM. Please send a cover letter, 3 references, a writing sample of your choice and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Digital Director”. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No Cold Calls please.
The Democratic Party of New Mexico is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DPNM is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.