NM Democrats Recap Historically Productive First Term
Albuquerque- Today, President Joe Biden launched his reelection campaign for the 2024 election. While just over halfway through a prolific first term, the Biden-Harris administration has already delivered landmark achievements that directly benefit New Mexican families.
To ensure another Biden-Harris victory in New Mexico, the Democratic Party of New Mexico is ready and eager to launch a statewide effort to reach every voter and overwhelm any Republican presidential campaign that is sure to prioritize fear and division over progress and unity.
President Biden’s accomplishments include:
- Historic job-creating legislation like The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, the American Rescue Plan, & the Chips Act, which are rebuilding American manufacturing and creating lasting, quality jobs for a prosperous middle class.
- The Inflation Reduction Act, lowering prescription drug, health care, and energy costs for American families. It’s also the most aggressive legislation tackling the climate crisis in American history.
- Record surge in job growth by creating more than 12 million jobs since taking office and near lowest unemployment rates in 50 years.
- Record enrollment in health care coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
- The Pact Act, expanding help for veterans exposed to burn pits and toxic substances.
- A plan to relieve student debt for hundreds of thousands of Americans.
- First major gun safety legislation in decades.
- Pardoning all prior federal offenses for simple possession of marijuana.
- The Respect for Marriage Act, which enshrines marriage equality protections for Americans into federal law.
- Capping insulin costs at $35 per month for seniors on Medicare.
- Nomination of Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson, the first black woman to serve on the US Supreme Court.
- Rallying allies in support of Ukraine and restoring the reputation of the US on the international stage, after the disastrous effect of Donald Trump’s Presidency.
Democratic Party of New Mexico Chair Jessica Velasquez on President Biden’s Reelection Announcement :
“President Joe Biden’s historic first term shows that he is the best choice to lead our country for another four years. From day one, the President and Vice President have delivered real results for the American people—lowering day-to-day costs for families, investing in infrastructure, creating jobs, fighting for reproductive freedoms, guiding America’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, and so much more. Today’s official reelection announcement reaffirms the president’s commitment to finishing the job, and the Democratic Party of New Mexico will be there every step of the way.
New Mexico Democrats will campaign with the same energy that allowed us to sweep every statewide and federal race in the 2022 elections. The Republican Party’s radical agenda to unravel abortion rights, dismantle Social Security and Medicare, and attack personal freedoms has no place in our state. New Mexican voters made that clear in 2022, and we’ll make it clear again in 2024 when we re-elect President Joe Biden.”