The Democratic Party of New Mexico (DPNM) is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Executive Director. This is a full-time position based in Albuquerque, NM. The Executive Director is in charge of all day-to-day operations of the DPNM; the management of all full and part-time DPNM staff; serves as the senior advisor to the Chair, Executive Committee, and State Central Committee (SCC); and reports directly to the DPNM Chair.
The Executive Director is responsible for planning and implementing actions that build DPNM from the grassroots, support DPNM’s campaign plan, and further the political objectives of the state party.
The Executive Director reports directly to the DPNM Chair. The primary responsibilities and duties of the Executive Director include, but are not limited to the following:
● Overseeing the daily operations of DPNM;
● Working with the Communications Director and DPNM Chair to issue press releases on important issues, and ensure that DPNM is always presented in a positive, professional manner.
● Working with staff and consultants to develop and follow a long-term communications and digital plan incorporating earned media, paid media, and social media;
● Developing and implementing robust fundraising plans in collaboration with the Chair, Treasurer, Finance Committee, Donors, and Fundraising Staff;
● Working with the Chair, Treasurer, Finance Director, Compliance Consultants, and similarly situated staff and volunteers to develop an operating budget in accordance with DPNM Financial Policies and Procedures and ensuring that budget is followed;
● Having a working knowledge of campaign finance, election, and compliance laws, and working closely with the designated compliance team and legal counsel to ensure all DPNM activities align with state and federal regulations;
● Ensuring that HR policies are up-to-date and all employment policies are being maintained and followed;
● Overseeing community and party affairs engagement, including data, voter protection activities, field organizing and canvassing, SCC meetings and maintenance, committee work, and county party outreach;
● Maintaining working relationships and engagements with various state and national partners including, but not limited to: (1) Democratic National Committee (DNC); (2) Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC); (3) Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee(DSCC); (4) Democratic Governors Association (DGA); (5) Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee (DLCC); (6) Association of State Democratic Committees (ASDC); (7) Association of State Democratic Executive Directors (ASDED); (8) NM Senate Caucus; (9) NM House Caucus; and (10) other national and local partners;
● Acting as a liaison for the State Democratic Party: meeting with candidates, elected officials, key donors and stakeholders, county chairs, and grassroots organizations as a representative of DPNM to set campaign/electoral priorities and plans;
● Serving as the chief strategic and tactical executive of DPNM: implementing strategy and processes of the DPNM Chair and other DPNM leadership effectively and expediently;
● Managing DPNM projects and events;
● Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and supervising staff;
● Implementing the National Convention Plan in appropriate years; and
● Administering and overseeing all state conventions.
Desired Skills, Qualifications, and Characteristics:
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional years of experience;
● Preferred 3 – 5 years direct campaign or non-profit experience that includes executive experience working on a political or issue campaign;
● Experience managing diverse groups and teams ranging from 5 – 25 individuals utilizing both in-person protocols and remote platforms when necessary;
● Familiarity with multi-million dollar budgets and relatively complex financial compliance laws;
● Strong time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously;
● Detail-oriented with exceptional record-keeping and organizational skills;
● Responsive and positive team leader who thrives on versatility and is receptive to constant and ever-changing challenges;
● Exceptional people skills and patience, including the ability to build strong relationships;
● Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills;
● Strong commitment to Democratic Party values and principles;
● Focus on accuracy, protocol, and programs that produce positive results;
● Effective computer skills;
● Conflict and crisis management experience with proven, clear decision-making ability;
● Demonstrated success in fundraising and knowledge of donor networks;
● Knowledge of New Mexico politics;
● Commitment to the values and practices of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace with the ability to take constructive feedback, learn from others, and respect cultural differences;
● Passionate and thoughtful work practices that creates a collegial work environment;
● Careful consideration of work and interpersonal engagements;
● Exceptional listener;
● Fully vaccinated and willing to observe health protocols when required during local, state and national health crises; and
● Fully invested in the success of the Democratic Party of New Mexico
Salary commensurate with experience. Health, dental and vision insurance, vacation time, and sick leave included in the benefits package.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and references to [email protected] with the subject line “Executive Director – Your Name”. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No calls, please. Applications will be accepted until August 27, 2021. DPNM recognizes that our success depends on creating a workplace where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We are focused on building a staff that is diverse of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other characteristics that make us different. Candidates of color, women, LGBTQI plus people, and other diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.