The Party Affairs Manager serves as the primary point of contact for volunteer party leaders, is responsible for planning all statewide meetings, and performs administrative and political tasks necessary for the smooth functioning of the State Central Committee and local party organizations. The Party Affairs Manager will lead all State Party efforts for the creation and implementation of the Presidential Convention Delegate Selection and Affirmative Action Plan.
Applicant should have:
- A strong knowledge of the structure and workings of the Democratic Party of New Mexico
- A positive, customer-service oriented personality and the ability to respond to issues promptly
- Ability to plan and manage time sensitive projects with competing needs.
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign
- Have experience managing large scale projects
- Be resourceful and able to solve problems.
- Have strong management aptitude and demonstrated skill at setting and communicating priorities
- Be comfortable working with people from a wide range of diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrate strong writing and training skills and attention to detail
Party Affairs Manager will:
- Provide information about compliance with the Party’s constitution, bylaws, and other policies, as directed. As well as providing assistance to local party leaders on conflict management, and volunteer leadership.
- Interact with party activists, statewide committees and other related organizations – answering questions and taking action to meet their needs, as directed.
- Maintain up-to-date rosters and member databases
- Responsible for all matters relating to State Central Committee meetings, including working with the State Chair and Executive Director to plan meeting business, working with committee chairs to plan committee business, producing all materials necessary for the meeting.
- Coordinate website updates of Training & Party Affairs content (Party documents, Resources, Local Unit Officers, Training Summit, Caucus and Convention, etc.).
- Assisting the State Chair and Executive Director in providing support to candidate campaigns
- Managing the delegate selection process and keeping all official records relating to the delegate selection process.
- Support planning and implementation for large events including (but not limited to): State Conventions, National Convention, Training Summits.
- Conduct assessments of the current recognized caucuses and constituency groups of DPNM and develop a customized priority work plan for outreach to various constituency groups and caucuses.
- Organize and conduct regular conference calls with constituency groups and caucuses
- Provide staff support to the Affirmative Action Committee
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How To Apply:
Please email a resume, 3 references, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Party Affairs Manager” No Cold Calls please.
The Democratic Party of New Mexico is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DPNM is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.