Position Title: Press/Digital Assistant
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Application Due: Open until filled
How to Apply: Interested parties should send a resume, writing sample and cover letter to Miranda van Dijk at email@example.com with “Press and Digital Assistant” in the subject line.
The Democratic Party of New Mexico is hiring a motivated, detail-oriented Press and Digital Assistant to work on day-to-day operations as well as long term individual projects supporting both our online and digital communications’ missions. The position will report directly to the Communications Director, and should be someone who is a strong writer, a quick learner, and who is passionate about the mission of the Democratic Party of New Mexico. This position is open to recent college graduates or those with equivalent experience. Familiarity with New Mexico and New Mexico politics is preferred.
- Maintain press lists, spreadsheets, and trackers
- Monitor current events and relevant news and send regular reports to DPNM senior staff
- Write first drafts of press releases, op-eds, and other press materials, often under a tight deadline
- Assist with set up and break down at major events
- Other tasks as assigned
- Draft and post daily digital content for DPNM social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Create and edit graphics and video content for DPNM social media
- Draft regular emails to DPNM supporters and donors
- Take ownership of digital messaging projects as assigned
- Interested in working in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with digital communication platforms and their use in politics
- Able to work independently on projects
- Creative thinker who is able to look for new opportunities to promote DPNM’s message
- Strong writer who is able to meet deadlines
- Experience conducting research, especially in a political context
- Passion for DPNM’s mission and work
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with photo and video editing software is preferred
The Democratic Party of New Mexico is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law.