Regional Organizing Director Position – Overview
The New Mexico Democratic Coordinated Campaign is seeking highly motivated, passionate and talented Regional Organizing Directors for our community based organizing program. This coordinated campaign will be working to elect Democrats up and down the ticket in 2020. We are looking for staff that can make commitments through November of 2020. Competitive pay and benefits.
Contact: Please email your resume & three references with “NM Regional Organizing Director” in the subject line to email@example.com
Regional Organizing Directors will be responsible for various tasks focused on community engagement, capacity building and hiring, training and staffing paid fellows. Regionals should be high energy, outgoing, enthusiastic, and willing to work long hours. Candidates with experience building coalitions among diverse groups of people and experience holding volunteers accountable are preferred. Regional Organizing Directors report directly to a Deputy Organizing Director. All positions are currently remote and will be given at least 7 days notice before needing to relocate to New Mexico.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Hire, train and empower Organizers
- Develop and execute unique Regional Field Plans that fit different turfs across the state
- Manage political relationships with grasstops leaders
- Write and implement statewide programing
- Assist in statewide Organizer trainings and onboarding
- Coach organizers on management of paid-part time field fellows
Required Skills & Background
- 2+ cycles as a Field Organizer or higher
- Exceptionally well organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds to manage and supervise teams
- Disciplined and solution-oriented approach to all tasks
- Must have access to a vehicle, cell phone, computer and reliable internet
- Commitment to electing all Democrats on the ballot
- Self starter and able to work independently in a virtual environment
- Proficiency with Votebuilder/VAN and Excel
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.