What is the SCC?
The State Central Committee (SCC) is the governing body of the Democratic Party of New Mexico. It is composed of local Democrats elected to represent each county and members are elected to 2 year terms.
The SCC meets at least twice each year, either virtually or in-person.
The SCC is entrusted with setting the tone of the Democratic Party of New Mexico and making key decisions about Democratic leadership.
SCC Members take part in several significant decisions including:
- Voting to amend DPNM Rules
- Electing DPNM officers: Chair, Vice-Chair At-Large, two Vice-Chairs from the SCC members’ Congressional District, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Electing DPNM Standing Committee members: Platform & Resolutions, Affirmative Action, Budget & Finance
- Electing nominees for federal, state and district office vacancies
- Electing the two New Mexico DNC National Committeepersons
- Approving the annual DPNM Budget
- And submitting a Delegate Selection Plan for the Democratic National Convention
Join the Democratic Party of New Mexico State Central Committee today! Sign up so you can stay in the know and make an impact in your community.