About the SCC Vote
- Ballot 1: April 21 at 7:00AM through April 23 at 5:00PM
- On this ballot you will vote for DPNM State Officers. These positions are Chair, Vice Chair At-Large, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- SCC Meeting: April 24 at 10:00AM
- Ballot 2: April 24 at 2:00PM through April 26 at 5:00PM
- On this ballot you will vote for Congressional District-level Vice Chairs and Congressional District members of DPNM Standing Committees: the State Platform and Resolutions Committee, the Affirmative Action Committee, and the Budget and Finance Committee.
- Ballot 3: April 27 at 7:00AM through April 28 at 5:00PM
On this ballot you will vote for the at-large members of DPNM Standing Committees: the State Platform and Resolutions Committee, the Affirmative Action Committee, and the Budget and Finance Committee.
You can find the list of candidates for each position by clicking here.
What is the SCC?
The State Central Committee (SCC) is the governing body of the Democratic Party of New Mexico. It is composed of local Democrats elected to represent each county and members are elected to 2 year terms.
The SCC meets at least twice each year, either virtually or in-person.
The SCC is entrusted with setting the tone of the Democratic Party of New Mexico and making key decisions about Democratic leadership.
SCC Members take part in several significant decisions including:
- Voting to amend DPNM Rules
- Electing DPNM officers: Chair, Vice-Chair At-Large, two Vice-Chairs from the SCC members’ Congressional District, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Electing DPNM Standing Committee members: Platform & Resolutions, Affirmative Action, Budget & Finance
- Electing nominees for federal, state and district office vacancies
- Electing the two New Mexico DNC National Committeepersons
- Approving the annual DPNM Budget
- And submitting a Delegate Selection Plan for the Democratic National Convention
Join the Democratic Party of New Mexico State Central Committee today! Sign up so you can stay in the know and make an impact in your community.