Position Title: Tribal Outreach Organizer
Location: Preference in Tribal Community
Application Due: Open until filled
How to Apply: Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to Chelsey Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Tribal Outreach Organizer” in the subject line.
The Democratic Party of New Mexico Tribal Outreach Organizer will be responsible for active voter education and registration efforts across New Mexico’s Tribal communities and in towns with large Native American populations. The information gathered and the organizational network created through the Tribal Outreach Organizer position will be instrumental for party and candidate success through the 2020 election and beyond.
- Preferred applicants will be NM tribal members living in the community where they will organize
- Develop a professional working relationship with tribal community members, leaders and tribal governments
- Work directly with the Democratic Party of New Mexico field program
- Mobilize consistent volunteer and voter registration efforts
- Educate voters on the process of voting and participating in statewide elections
- Promote the message of the Democratic Party of New Mexico to tribal communities
- Represent the Democratic Party of New Mexico in a professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
The Democratic Party of New Mexico is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law.